Cultivate - the Horticultural Therapy Society of NSW
Welcome to Cultivate NSW
Cultivate is the peak body for horticultural therapy in NSW, and currently located at the Telopea Centre on the campus at Ryde TAFE.
Horticultural therapy is a process in which plants and gardening activities are used to improve the body, mind and spirit of those people for all ages, backgrounds and abilities. Horticultural therapy is currently being used in hospital, rehabilitation centres, disability services, aged care facilities and a range of community settings, including people's homes and community gardens.
2016 Therapeutic Landscapes Conference NSW
Friday 14th October 2016, 8:30am - 4pm
Bringing together people from a range of professions to explore the connections between nature, horticulture, health and well-being. Our thought-leaders in this space will identify pathways to make horticulture therapy a widely recognised, evidence-based health intervention in Australia.
Full day program $185, includes program, copy of abstracts and lunch. $150 concessions & members.
Venue: SWSi TAFE Padstow Campus, Raine Road, Padstow
Full details here.
Who we are
Cultivate - the Horticultural Therapy Society of NSW (Incorporated) is a registered charity and is governed by a volunteer management committee. See our current committee here.
We aim to bring positive change to people's lives in a number of ways by
- Providing access to information and resources specific to Horticultural Therapy.
- Creating opportunities for people/groups to network and share knowledge.
- Assisting industry-specific training, encouraging the implementation of best practice.
- Stimulating the development of new projects which will create opportunities for people to benefit from horticultural activities.
- Increasing awareness of Horticultural therapy to the general public